Although Softaculous is mainly used for installing new applications, it can also be used for creating backup of your WordPress website. Below mentioned is the complete process of backing up your WordPress website using Softaculous:
- For accessing the WordPress section in Softaculous, login to cpanel and click on the ‘WordPress’ present under the auto-installers section.
- A list of WordPress applications installed through Softaculous will be displayed, if you cannot see your website here, then that is because it was not installed through Softaculous.
- In case you don’t see your website, the next step is to add your website to the system through the ‘import’ option on the same screen.
- In order to begin the website backup process, click on the yellow folder icon present next to your website name.
- On the next page you can select whether you want to backup only the WordPress files or only the database or both. On this page you will also get some useful information about backing up folders and database. You can add a note for this backup if required.
- Now just click on the ‘Backup installation’ option present at the bottom of the page.
- Within a short span of time your WordPress website backup will be ready and you will also receive a confirmation message about the backup. The time required for creating the backup will depend on the size of your website.
- Once you receive the message, you need to follow the link to the ‘Backups’ page in order to proceed.
- After clicking on the link you will be directed to a page where you will be able to see all the backups that you have created.
- If you wish to store your website backup locally, you need to click on the blue down arrow icon for downloading the file to your computer.
The WordPress website backup process is now complete!